Jobs in the Vanuatu, Australia, Cook Islands, Samoa, Fiji Islands, New Zealand
Friday, December 9, 2016  
SouthPacificEmployment.com
SouthPacificEmployment.com
Navigation  
Map of Vanuatu
  Vanuatu
 
 
Vanuatu Home
Fast Facts | Permits
Banking & Finance
Politics | History | Transport
Population/Religion/Language
Climate | Useful Links


POPULATION

The population of Vanuatu is about 190,000; with 94% (the Ni-Vanuatu) being indigenous Melanesian. The remaining 6% comprises Europeans, Vietnamese, Chinese and other Pacific Islanders.

LANGUAGE & EDUCATION

As a result of Vanuatu's dual Colonial past, English and French are the official languages, along with bislama, a pidgin language, based on English, that is understood by almost everyone. There are also over 115 different dialects spoken within the islands.

Only 61% of children reach class five level at primary school and only 20% go on to high school. This is due to the high cost of education in this country and also to the fact that children in remote, rural areas do not have easy access to schools.

RELIGION
Like many Pacific Island nations, Vanuatu's missionary past has resulted in a mostly Christian population. The main denominations are Anglican, Catholic and Presbyterian. There is, however, a small percentage (around 8%) who still follow indigenous beliefs, based on animist principles.


-  For useful Vanuatu links, visit our Links page.



Find a Job!

Keyword

Category


Resort  Jobs

Diving Jobs

Submit a CV

SOUTH PACIFIC
Pacific News

Features & Links
-Books
-Company Profiles
-Employment News -Volunteer Work



southpacificrealestate.com

FEEDBACK
How did you find us? Questions and comments on our website are welcome. »»


© SouthPacificEmployment.com  All rights reserved.
Copyright  Disclaimers     
Home Job Seekers Employers Submit Resume/CV Company Profiles